Is It Just Me?

you, my dear untended blog, need some lovin' and caressin' tonight... candles, soft music, and cuddling on my couch...

I saw a mushy movie at the Inside Out Film Fest earlier tonight. It wan't great by any measure- amateur actors, clichéd lines, even happy endings- but it opened up a wellspring of emotions that I thought I had packaged away nicely in the basement of my imagination. I thought I had mastered the art of denial when it came to those feelings.

Is It Just Me? captures, albeit badly, the angst I feel. I'm sure I'm not alone in this- someone did write the script, so there are at least two of us out there that have a soft spot for mush. The story was crappy- but the sub theme was all about romance, and I'm a strong advocate of more of that good stuff in a relationship.

The cowboy gets the geek because they truly connect at a personal level. That people look beyond the surface when it comes to love. That broken hearts have more room to love, and that magic isn't a one-time deal. I'd like to believe that things like that happen in real life- I might sound severely delusional, but I'm on a high, and yes, I am sober. ;-)


Are our aspirations celluloid constructs or primal yearnings? Do we dream a little dream that someone else thought up? We need more texture in our love in this world, more stories that surprise, more clouds of promise we can build castles on and hope they will not fall, or we, as a race, will kill ourselves with our own sharp slivers of cynicism.

Is there someone out there for me like I'm often promised, or is life just this delightful tease, and one day you wake up and it's over?

Comments

  1. a dear friend of mine really liked your post (my blog has a link to your blog so she read it). i just re-read your post and thought: "ah, so life is just this delightful tease... now it all makes sense!" :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Faustian Bargain

Counting down to dusk...